Introduce Yourself!

Check here FIRST for important information about GCC!

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby thetimcardgeek » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:04 am

Hello from Hamilton Ontario Canada where the very first Tim Hortons opened!

Back in 2010 Tim Hortons released a Hamilton Tiger Cat Tim Gift Card. Being a big fan and former cheerleader for the Ti-Cats I was delighted. So I picked up the next two years Hamilton Tiger Cats cards and was content with that!

Until of course... while shopping on line in December of 2012 I stumbled across Stampsource add on ebay! He was selling a complete set of the CFL Cards and of course, I bought them.

That was 5 months ago...

My collection has grown to over 22 cards now and ever growing as Tim Hortons releases new ones and I find old ones.

Funny thing about my nickname.... My "Ex" spitefully called me a Tim Card Geek!!! Not to be undone nor offended I was actually flattered. So after all my searches and hard efforts started to keep records and blogs on everything I could find out about the Tim Cards ... and named the the blog.... TheTimCardGeekBlogspot.com!!!

I get over 1300 hits a month and it's caught on. I've made many marvelous friends and exchange photos, info and updates on new cards and old all the time. The blogs are ever changing... sometimes daily s new info and cards are found or released. It's become a passionate hobby and I enjoy it very much!
thetimcardgeek

Postby makoto_kou » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:01 am

Hi, I'm Courtney. I live in Colorful Colorado and I started collecting cards a few years ago because of my best friend. I got a few Hot Topic cards and I have been collecting ever since. I have over 2000 cards at last count, including several from Switzerland, England and Canada. I have a giant collection of gaming cards as well as gift cards. I have friends send me cards from all over the US.
In fact, I just added another 140 cards to my collection yesterday. Christmas is the best time for new cards!

I collect dolls and I also collected Littlest Pet Shop pets until they changed the look of them.

I have a small blog (that I probably should update more) where I show the cards(and LPS) that I have. http://theytendtoaccumulate.blogspot.com/
~*Mako*~
makoto_kou

eBay ID: makoto_kou

Postby collector2014 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:25 pm

Hello my name is Jordan. I have just started collecting gift cards and this this will be a really fun and easy hobby i have started collecting a few over the years but dont have as much as yall probably have. I am from Oregon. If theres anything you could do to help me start up my collection. I would really appreciate it! Thanks so much! :D
collector2014

Postby jruffner » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:58 pm

Hi, my name is Jim. I have a collection of gift cards much like the majority of the members here at GCC. However, I'm not an active collector, I'm a former gift card designer. Years ago I was a graphic designer for the now out-of-business Borders Books • Music • Cafe based out of Ann Arbor, Michigan. Gift cards were just getting popular back then (1999-2002) and Borders was constantly putting out new designs. Subsequently, I have a decent size collection of single cards, some cards on backer cards, and sheets of uncut cards. I am now cleaning out my home studio and have a number of samples that need a new home. If anyone is interested, please let me know - maybe we can work something out.

I've enjoyed the galleries immensely. Thanks for letting me look around!
jruffner

Postby crazycollector54 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:12 pm

Hi call me T I have always collected gift cards that caught my eye but didn't know there was such big community for it as well. Im glad to be a part of this site looking forward to meeting new people and making new friends.
crazycollector54

Postby brobobby70 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:02 pm

Last week when I took my family on Spring Break collection I noticed several stores that are not located where I live so I started picking up gift cards and non-gift cards. I then decided to expand the collection beyond the vacation time.
I do not have an special area, just trying to get as many different kinds as possible.
My wife gives me strange looks when I buy a gift card when we first go into a store, then turn around and use it later when we check out.
Not that weird?
brobobby70

Postby HamatoKameko » Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:41 pm

I'm Meko, and I have an estimated 360 gift cards in my collection at the moment. I thought I was the only person who collected gift cards until it finally occurred to me to look online, and I found this community! I'm not alone, hooray!

I started collecting gift cards back in high school (I'm 30 now)! I'd spot a card or two I thought was awesome and I'd hang on to them but I only got serious about collecting in the past few years. In fact just recently I made my first trip to the mall with the sole purpose of collecting cards! That was with a friend of mine who is amused by my collection. XD

Excited to make new friends that are interested in gift cards, too!
HamatoKameko

eBay ID: HamatoKameko

Previous

Return to Announcements