More on Reservation Cards

More on Reservation Cards

Postby Dogfly3330 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:58 am

Walmart seems to be issuing new $5 Reservation cards all the time. They are available in Electronics, on an endcap display and/or locked up in the videogame section - - and some stores also have a nifty cardboard POP display just for them. Identified as VIP Pre-Order Program Reservation Cards, they are intended to reserve a copy of a soon-to-be-released game, but can also be used for purchases throughout the store. The cards are typically removed from the shelves after the game has been released, but not always; the cards can still be activated and used. Walmart has an on-line site where purchasers can unlock additional bonus content (as noted on the plastic backboard), which shows a variety of cards already issued (including, alas, 6 cards I missed): http://zreward.com/categories/1/products

For some reason, they appear on the register display (and your receipt) as phone cards during activation, but I have used them to purchase food and supplies at Walmart. They do not work at Walmart gas pumps. Once in a while a register will display that the gift card I'm using is a phone card and won't decrement the value on my card, but if the associate tries again, the transaction will go through.
Dogfly3330

Re: More on Reservation Cards

Postby Scott » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:27 am

Interesting that they're ringing them up as phone cards. I'm sure they're doing that to avoid any transaction fees imposed by typical gift card processors. I have always felt that these reservation/gift cards are an overlooked segment of collectibles as they appeal to both card collectors AND video game fans. Same thing for prepaid cards for games such as World of Warcraft, etc.
Scott
Site Admin

eBay ID: ia2ca

Re: More on Reservation Cards

Postby isaidnoyoucant » Sun May 05, 2013 8:07 pm

Dogfly,
Which are you missing?
I may have them but would only have 1 version or the other.
isaidnoyoucant

Return to Walmart