Target Canada to Close

Target Canada to Close

Postby Dogfly3330 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:43 am

Target announced yesterday, January 15, 2015, that they will soon be closing all 133 Target Canada stores. This is sad to see, from a retail and employment perspective, particularly if you like Target and especially if you collect Target GiftCards.

Personally, I still have about CAD$35 in Target Canada GiftCards from a trip last year to Vancouver that will probably never be redeemed. (Ditto for Target Australia, but that’s another story.) I made my first (and apparently only) visit to a Target Canada store last spring, arriving late in the evening. I scoured the store for the different designs and activated all 10 of them; unlike in the US, Target Canada GiftCards used a UPC on the paper backboard for card activation. Then I scrambled to spend the cards as “Target will be closing in 15 minutes” was announced over the store speakers. I was unsuccessful in spending much, but anticipated coming back the next day - - which of course didn’t happen. I returned home disappointed, but secure in the knowledge that the value on the cards would never expire, and eventually I would return to Canada, eh?

Target Canada GiftCards were not available for purchase on-line, but you can still visit their website, http://www.target.ca/en/support/gift-cards - - at least before they turn out the lights.
Dogfly3330

Re: Target Canada to Close

Postby jackson79 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:44 am

Definitely a 'bummer'. jt
jackson79

eBay ID: jack973

Return to Target