Well let's see where we go from here?

Well let's see where we go from here?

Postby TDK » Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:01 pm

OK so this format is similar to a few others I use. Scott please make this I.D. the moderator and I will enter another regular registration as "Todd K" later.

I can probably handle The Walmart Gallery, Borders/Walden Books Gallery, and Starbucks galleries since I still have most of these cards.

I've really been wanting to redo the Starbucks gallery to make it more user friendly. In short, I would like to have a sub-gallery for each country and to list all cards by the first 4 numbers and card name as this is the way most collectors use.

6073 USA - Year of the Dragon

:ugeek:

Let's get started. :arrow:
Attachments
6073 USA - Happy New Year.jpg
6073 USA - Happy New Year.jpg (92.88 KiB) Viewed 2809 times
TDK

Re: Well let's see where we go from here?

Postby Scott » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:44 am

You should have moderator status now. Make sure it also applies to the gallery (it should). Dont' spend a ton of time editing the gallery yet, just play around with it. If we all like it and think it'll work out well, I'll do a dump of all the photos from the live site and start uploading them here. At this point I just want to make sure we have everything we need to move forward. (for instance, your post had to be approved, but I had it set up to let registered users post, so I have to fix that....)
Scott
Site Admin

eBay ID: ia2ca

Postby TDK » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:14 pm

In playing with the Walmart Gallery it might take less time to re-upload each card than to try to sort through them to get them correctly identified??

I know for a fact that it would be best to re-upload all the Starbucks cards as, the current gallery is not user friendly. All of the different countries are mixed together and, it would take too long to resort and re-name. I have all of my Starbucks cards pictured front & back on my computer already sorted by country and it would only take a day or so to set up the galleries here. The two Starbucks galleries here only took a hour or so to upload and edit..

Now that I've scared you, you're right it would take some time to re-do the whole sight but it might be better in the long run to switch to this one. I really like the idea of personal albums. It would be really neat if a person could tag a card from the gallery as a need or trader and have it show up in a personal album that other collectors could view.

Colnect has a similar feature on their website and most collectors interact directly with each other rather than making a lot of posts.

Things to think about :roll:
TDK

Postby Scott » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:42 pm

Hmm, I wasn't familiar with Colnect - interesting site. I enabled personal galleries - it appears they are separate from the regular gallery and you don't have the want/have/wish feature either.
Scott
Site Admin

eBay ID: ia2ca

Return to Off-Topic