Introduce Yourself!

Check here FIRST for important information about GCC!

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby fern » Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:35 pm

Hi. I'm Fern from Illinois. I'm not sure how many years I have been collecting, but I am a seasonal collector. I collect (almost) any gift card with a snowman on it! I have around 300 at this time. I believe I am going to make a picture someday, but I have waited so long and have so many, it would probably cost too much. I have a few doubles but not many. This makes trading very difficult. I am very willing to buy cards I do not have. If you have extra snowmen cards that you want to sell, please feel free to email me at frmack1@gmail.com.

Happy Collecting!
Fern
fern

eBay ID: frmack1

Postby learose44 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:18 pm

I am an avid COFFEE and PIZZA gift card collector but recently added a HALLOWEEN theme. Got a kick out of Fern's post about her "snowmen."

I've collected "something" since I was 7 (keys) but by the time I was a yong woman I had a 17 ft square room added to my house to store & display my treasures.

While I do collect all coffee cards I prefer the non-chain cards. If you have a halloween card, give me a shout. Karen Lea
learose44

eBay ID: learose441inw

Dunkin Donuts

Postby learose44 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:32 pm

Eribec...LISA, mentioned Dunkin Donuts.....I covet those cards right now... Karen Lea
learose44

eBay ID: learose441inw

Postby Mr SnS » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:51 pm

My name is Roger.
I collect Steak 'n Shake (been eating there since 1950!), Lowe's, and anything with the New York Yankees!

I have a few "locals" I'll be posting soon. I don't need a lot of SnS, but I do need quite a few Lowes.

My other interests: baseball and my grandkids! Oh...and my Scottie, "Wrigley". (My wife is a Cub's fan. She won the long straw draw.....which is precisely why I don't gamble!)
Mr SnS

eBay ID: illinoisyankeefan

Postby newbharry » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:02 pm

Hi from Missouri
I started collecting starbucks gift cards .. first was from australia, then moved on to taiwan and Russian cards :) It's a great hobby to have and definitely something to show people when they know nothing about you! They would have never thought that this could be a great hobby.

Getting my masters degree right now, so off and on I try to get the US starbucks cards and any local cards "steak & shake" , "chipotle" , "subway" and even local franchise such as Orangeleaf and Dunkin' Donuts.

best wishes to all your collections.
newbharry

eBay ID: the_mall_of_miracles

Postby dewt » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:43 pm

Hi. I'm Diane from NJ. I haven't been on ebay for quite a while, but I remember many of you from back then. I don't really trade, I only sell, so I would like to know how welcome that is to this site. It's time for me to seriously reduce my stock of cards. I'd like them to go to a good home, but I wouldn't mind a little something for them. I'm not sure of the best way to go about that, so I am open to suggestions.
So, hello again to those I used to know, and to those I hope to meet.
Diane (dewt)
dewt

eBay ID: dewt

Postby Scott » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:16 pm

Welcome Diane!

Feel free to use the "for sale" section of the forum to post anything specific you have available. If you have any cards that aren't in our gallery, we sure would like you to upload them there also! I also take card donations of any you don't want to scan yourself! :)

Scott
Scott
Site Admin

eBay ID: ia2ca

Postby shatterstar88 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:50 am

Hi, to everyone on this board. I'm Alex from Malaysia. Fairly new to gift card collecting. Only started when Starbucks launched their first gift card in Malaysia in October 2011. Really getting into it now! :D

Looking to collect Target and Toysrus cards as well. Cheers!
shatterstar88

Postby ponzu » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Hello, I am Alexei, an avid Starbucks card collector. By "avid" I mean I make baristas at my local shop hold used cards for me in hope it will net an unusual or older card someone discards, and that I comb penny auctions on eBay. My collection of US cards is pretty complete from 2007. I have big gaps in older cards, and had never paid more than $5 for a card until last week. I came here by Googling "Starbucks cards database". Apparently, it's something you guys have, only I have not found it yet :) Looking forward to getting situated and contributing to the conversation, although initially I am guaranteed to have more questions than valuable info.
Last edited by ponzu on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ponzu

eBay ID: atolk

Postby Scott » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Hello Ponzu! Click on the 'gallery' link at the top of any page and you'll find more gift cards that you'll ever care to see!
Scott
Site Admin

eBay ID: ia2ca

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements