Introduce Yourself!

Check here FIRST for important information about GCC!

Hi ^^

Postby amirella » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:59 am

Hi Everyone 8-)
i discovered this forum on twitter :lol:
Erik, in Paris, France. I collect gift cards since 5 years. I especially collect Victoria secrets gift cards. I have 80 differents ( no coupon ;) )
I wish you to help me to find more.
Thanks a lot to contact me for swap
<3

my gallery
https://picasaweb.google.com/114337908058669181828
amirella

Grant NYC .. Starbucks / DD / McD's / Subway cards

Postby GrantWJohn » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:28 pm

Hola Amigos !!

My government name is Grant and I live and breath in Brooklyn NYC !!!

I'm an active cyclist and enthusiastic collector ... I've been collecting Starbcks gift cards since way back in August 2011. I started when my mother asked me to pick up the NYC 2011 card and I got hooked. I currently have a LARGE collection of domestic & international cards of over 10k !!!

The short goes like this ... My man Tim from LA asked me to go into a Dunkin' Donuts (since they don't have any in La La land) to pick up a certain card ...... damn ! NOW I'm collecting DD gift cards ...... & McDonalds ..... & Subway !!! (that bastard) !!!! hahahahaha !!! I LOVE IT !!!!!!!

So I'm looking for traders .... I have these cards (updated daily) : I'm looking for ALL !

https://picasaweb.google.com/111964644311690771398/DD

https://picasaweb.google.com/1119646443 ... /McDONALDS

https://picasaweb.google.com/1119646443 ... 398/SUBWAY

E-mail me if you want to trade : STARBUCKS / DUNKIN' DONUTS / McDonalds / SUBWAY gift cards

GrantWJohn@aol.com
GrantWJohn

Re: Introduce Yourself!

Postby kortti » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:15 am

Hello I am finnish collector, 63 years, a retired judge and now a lawyer collecting giftcards, telephonecards especially estonian, atm-stamps from Finland, Aland-island and Sweden, alfa-romeo metal-minimodels as dinky toys etc. I have a huge collection of finnish telephonecards and specials like prisoncards,shiptelephonecards, private cards etc.
kortti

Postby Leroy_B » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:47 pm

Hi, my name is Leroy and after a long time thinking about starting a new collection I decided to take the leap and add gift cards to my hobby. I also collect matchcovers, beer coasters, swizzle sticks and thermometers from my home town. I'm a member of a matchcover club in New England and we hold our meetings every other month and the motivation I got was other members in the club also collect gift cards. We're going to include gift cards within the club. We'll trade, discuss and even display our collection during the meetings. Here's where I find it tough to wrap my head around is although most cards displayed have no value unless a dollar figure is paid on the card then it's okay to "take" them. Some members have discussed how they have been stopped from taking them unless they pay for them. So here's what they do, pay a dollar amount then use all but $1 and keep the card for their collection. It's also been discussed that you can not get used cards from the cashier clerk due to it has the previous owners information on the card. So today I got my first cards at Walmart and as I was leaving the store two things went thru my head, store detective or security alarm.......nothing happened. Well guess I'm off to my next encounter, Target.
Leroy_B

eBay ID: charga1

Postby Scott » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:19 pm

Leroy_B wrote:due to it has the previous owners information on the card.

Actually, there is zero identifying information about the owner on the card. The cards themselves only hold the account number and some corresponding security information (check digits, etc.). Every retailer is different on how they arrange the information, but there is nothing on the card that can be linked to any individual.
Scott
Site Admin

eBay ID: ia2ca

Postby Leroy_B » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:37 pm

Scott wrote:
Leroy_B wrote:due to it has the previous owners information on the card.

Actually, there is zero identifying information about the owner on the card. The cards themselves only hold the account number and some corresponding security information (check digits, etc.). Every retailer is different on how they arrange the information, but there is nothing on the card that can be linked to any individual.

Thanks for the valuable information. I'll relate that information back to the club for the other members can be informed. I'm hoping that as I grow with the hobby then my knowledge of the gift cards will as well and be shared with the other collectors. Our next meeting is Dec 2, 2012 which is our Christmas party and a chance to share what cards I've collected and more knowledge learned from this forum.
Leroy_B

eBay ID: charga1

Postby truefroglamp » Fri May 03, 2013 9:18 am

Hello!

My name is Karen and I live in Oakville, Ontario, Canada. I used to work for Indigo and Starbucks. I just thought I'd join since I have a few cards, and was curious!

I just loaded a Harry Potter card from Indigo from way back when in the International Canada section. You can check it out once it is approved.

Cheers,

Karen Lynn J.
truefroglamp

eBay ID: truefroglamp

Postby isaidnoyoucant » Sun May 05, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi everyone,
So I guess it's about time that I stop my lurking ways and expecting others (thank you Karen) to do all the work for me, so I will start here.
I started collecting around Christmas time of 2009 when Target had the cutest little remote controlled mouse. From there I started concentrating on cards that 'did something' from Target, Best Buy and Home Depot. Well, since that time my collection had grown into just about anything and everything. I would also have to put myself into the very small minority of liking cards to be on their backers.
Haha, should probably have said my name 1st, it is Danielle but please call me Dani.
Greetings from Connecticut,
Dani
isaidnoyoucant

Postby karenlynnp » Mon May 06, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi Karen and welcome to GCC.

The Harry Potter card you uploaded (one of my favorites that I was never able to get :( ) was already in the gallery. You can find it in the International Gallery under Chapters, Indigo, Coles...be sure and check out the gallery and see if you have any other cards that might be missing!

http://www.giftcardcollector.com/gallery/album.php?album_id=337

Thanks!

and welcome Dani - glad to see you posting!
karenlynnp

Postby nyamekye » Tue May 14, 2013 9:38 am

Hello, I am a starbucks card collector from Vancouver Canada :) I have been collecting since 2003 with a few breaks here and there, I started collecting seriously after the release of the Woody Card :)
Canadian Starbucks Card Collector based out of Vancouver
http://mekye.tumblr.com
nyamekye

eBay ID: rcole82

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements