Welcome to GiftCardCollector.com Version 2.0!

Check here FIRST for important information about GCC!

Welcome to GiftCardCollector.com Version 2.0!

Postby Scott » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:32 pm

If you're seeing this message, then you've successfully reached the new version of GiftCardCollector.com! For those of you that weren't aware, our old site was being targeted by spambots for the better part of 2011. Because of the age of the software behind GCC and the fact that some of the modifications were no longer being supported by their authors, a wholesale upgrade was necessary. I hope that you'll find the new features of this site along with the speed improvements to be a welcome change.

Now, the downside. Without hiring outside programmers (this is a free site remember!), there was no convenient way to transfer all the gallery data from the old site to this one. For those of you familiar with databases, you know how difficult it can be to convert one type to another - one small data error can ruin hours/days of work. So...we decided to take this opportunity to 'upgrade' how the gallery is organized as well!

Gone are the industry sections. New photos are being obtained for many cards. You can see some of the great work so far in the Starbucks gallery with most cards featuring fronts AND backs! Each category may have different 'rules' for organization depending on the retailer and collector demand.

Even though the gallery is still in its infancy as far as the transfers are concerned, I have decided to open up the site so everyone can become accustomed to it! Don't worry, the old gallery data is still there and can be reached at: http://cr80.com/giftcardcollector.com.o ... 2/main.php

YES, you must re-register. Part of the anti-spam measures on this board require your first 3 posts to be moderated, so don't worry if your forum posts don't show up right away. Post in the "Introduce Yourself" thread to get that first post out of the way!

I'm also looking for anyone who wants to help in the editing of the gallery (editing the titles of images to match the old ones). Especially if you have a specific collecting area (ie. Disney, Target, etc.) and can help decide on how to list in that section.

Uploading for registered users is moderated as well. Feel free to upload new cards into whatever category seems closest. I realize they are not all set up yet, but they will be soon!

Again, welcome to the new site! Happy New Year!
Scott
Site Admin

eBay ID: ia2ca

Re: Welcome to GiftCardCollector.com Version 2.0!

Postby squirrel » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Hi Scott. Thank you very much for this new website - really appreciate being able to keep track of my collection and see what's new on this site. I am happy to help with relabelling or scanning Australian cards, have some suggestions for how best to arrange these while we are starting afresh, so please let me know how I can best help.

Regards,

Margaret. (slightly techically challenged, but I have teenagers who might help).
squirrel

Postby Scott » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:45 pm

OK Margaret - I've given you moderator status of the International/Australia section. Go for it!
Scott
Site Admin

Postby squirrel » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:03 pm

Thanks Scott. I'll do my best, but feel free to give constructive feedback as it will be a learning curve for me I think!

Regards,

Margaret.
squirrel

Postby Mr SnS » Sun Jan 22, 2012 12:15 pm

Scott:

I'm trying to respond to a member's message, but I'm not authorized to respond. How do I reply to her message?

THanks.
Roger
Mr SnS

eBay ID: illinoisyankeefan

Postby Scott » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:31 pm

Roger -

In order to prevent spambots from registering and spamming members via PM, new users must have at least 3 approved forum posts to access the PM system. That post above of yours is your third, so you should be good to go now!

Scott
Scott
Site Admin

Return to Announcements