New Upload's??

New Upload's??

Postby Averycoop » Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Ok so on the old site when the Home Page pulled up you had like 4 snapshots of the latest cards that were uploaded. You could also click Recent Uploads to see a few pages of all the CArds that were recently added to the Gallery.. WHY can I NOT find either of those two items now?? :evil: ... I would check on this site every day to view the new cards that peopl had uploaded. Now I canoot find either one of those. Ughhh. I find this new page really hard to Navigate.. And is there a button to click to get back to the home page???
Averycoop

Re: New Upload's??

Postby Scott » Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:01 pm

1. Recent uploads are on the main gallery page showing the last 15 uploads. PLUS, if you look at every category, there are different colored icons showing you exactly where the new uploads are. You can reset your list by "marking all as read" in the upper right of the gallery. Then, next time you log in, only the new uploads will be highlighted. You can also sort by time posted in every gallery to see the latest uploads!

2. There are two buttons on every page to get you back to the home page. One is the logo in the upper left - click anywhere on it and it will take you home. The other is the "Board Index" link just below that in the navigation bar. Both of those take you back to the main page.

Yes, this is a different site running on different software. And I realize that you and others get used to having the same thing to visit every time. The new features this site will offer greatly outweigh the inconveniences of learning a new navigation system. All the data will remain with more sort options. New personal galleries! Robust PM system! Fantastic anti-spambot protection! Faster access of the gallery (nearly 3x faster)! I've been devoting nearly 9 hours per day since the first of December to bring this up to speed and am confident that in the long run this will better serve the collecting community - if everyone gives it an honest chance!
Scott
Site Admin

eBay ID: ia2ca

Postby Averycoop » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:04 am

Ok. Still confusing but ok. But here's another Question. So am I just an idiot (feel free to say so lol) or are there no longer Sub Catergory's like Department Stores, Restaurants, Hardware, Etc., Etc.,??? Are all the cards pretty much in ABC order now? I was looking last night and could not find those Sub Catergory's. So like another words if you are trying to browse through all the Restaurants cards you are pretty much out of luck.????? You would have to know the Restaurants name to find their cards??? Which would be impossible to know that. And then really to see the new uploads you need to go pretty much the whole Gallery and each letter of the Alpabet to see if there are any new cards that have been uploaded? Or did I miss understand you.?
Again Thank You for your time on the site and time answering my Questions.
Averycoop

Postby Scott » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:39 am

Make sure to check out the long post in the announcement forum - in a nutshell, yes, the gallery will be organized differently this time around. Trying to pigeon-hole many companies into one industry section was getting more and more difficult each day (ie. Is Kohl's a clothing store? A department store?). I get emails all the time from brand new collectors that have a hard time determining where a store is. This way there is no confusion - it will be under their name!

You don't have to visit each category to see new cards. On the main gallery page it shows the last 15 for ALL categories. I can increase that number once the database is fully updated, but we typically only get 10'ish per day new uploads, so it should cover them all if you do look daily. Right now while we're still uploading the old photos, it isn't accurate at all since I'm doing 500 cards/day! If you look at the little subcategory icons, they glow a different color if there are new uploads since your last visit. The album icons also change, showing an open folder (not a closed one) - just like in the forum when there are new posts.

I'm hoping the software company eventually adds keyword tagging, so a search of "Restaurants" WILL yield all restaurants.
Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:52 am

Here's a little trick for those of you that don't visit every day or want to see more than 15 recent cards from all categories.

Go to the gallery page and hit the search link in the upper right (not the box at the top, but the gallery search). Enter an asterisk * in the first field. Don't select any categories, and leave it to sort by time.

Your results will be the last 500 cards to be uploaded!
Scott
Site Admin

Postby Scott » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:17 am

There's another link in the upper left of the main gallery page that says "View Recent Images". That link will also take you to the 500 most recent uploads!
Scott
Site Admin

Postby Averycoop » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Scott,
Well I would like to say Thank You for making the Recent Uploads More Accomidating. :D .. I must admit I all but gave up on the site. As it was not very user friendly. Now although I am a very Happy Girl with the View Recent Uploads Tab. I am still unhappy with the Sub Catergory tab's. I did read a post between you and Karen I believe regarding this. And I must say the way you have "Everything Else" in ABC order bums me out. As like Karen said. Say I am Collecting only Restaurant Cards. I cannot go to a Catergory listed with just all Restaurant Cards. And it is far to much work to go through every letter of the Alphabet trying to find such cards. Being that not every Restaurant is in every state.,So a Restaurant I have near me may not be by Karen. So she may never fnd that card as she would not be aware that , that particular Restaurant exists. See my Point? I hope it was kinda understandable. And maybe that is something you are re-considering or working on.??

As always Thank You for your time and effort with the site.
Averycoop

Postby Scott » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:29 pm

That link was always there - I didn't realize it either until the other day!

As for categories, I started a thread about it in the General Forum, but there hasn't been anyone else speaking up about categories...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=72
Scott
Site Admin

Postby karenlynnp » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:07 pm

Recent Uploads - is there any way to block the images that are uploaded into personal galleries from showing as recent uploads?
It looks like duplicate entries until you click on it and realize it is someone's personal trade album.
karenlynnp

Postby Scott » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:55 pm

I've got a request into the programmer about this. Personal galleries also show in the total counts at the bottom of the page. Still working on it.
Scott
Site Admin

Next

Return to Suggestions & Requests