intact on backers?

intact on backers?

Postby kortti » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:21 am

Hi I am beginner. Is it better (more valuable) to collect cards intact on backers? Usually I take some cards with me from the shops. There are not albums for intact cards (photoalbums?).
I have many albums for my telephonecards.
kortti

Re: intact on backers?

Postby kortti » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:41 am

ARE COLLECTORS OVER THERE OR NOT. PLEASE ANSWER!
kortti

Postby Scott » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:25 pm

There is no right/wrong answer at this time, only time will tell if the collector market values the marketing material or not. If it were me, I'd play it safe and keep them on their backers as you can always remove them later. Hard to 'undo' it if you remove them now.

Of course, old toys in their original packages are worth much more today than open ones, so I guess that is the more likely scenario.
Scott
Site Admin

eBay ID: ia2ca

Postby Leroy_B » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:53 pm

kortti wrote:Hi I am beginner. Is it better (more valuable) to collect cards intact on backers? Usually I take some cards with me from the shops. There are not albums for intact cards (photoalbums?).
I have many albums for my telephonecards.

Okay although this post is a couple of months old I too have had the same thought about backers on the card. Some cards look great still intact cause the graphics blend or compliment the card. It's like collecting matchcovers. We collect the covers for the art work, memories, historical, etc. We don't collect the matches so we strip them out, flatten the covers and slip them into plastic sleeves taking less space. Tho there are matches with figures on the match known as a feature. I'll keep the backers on the cool graphics for now and pull a card off a dull backer. My brother collects figure characters on card and keeps the characters in their original packaging keeping the value of the figures.
Leroy_B

eBay ID: charga1

Return to General Discussion